Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege. - Part II


the other day i finally traded my powercard to a powercard plus. good thing jade needed a card holder because honestly, i've been trying my damn best to resist stepping into powerbooks ever since the cashier told me i only needed several hundred points for the upgrade. now i have 10% discount on all my cash purchases. but i still wilt everytime i think of the amount i spent this year for books (which lead to the upgrade)! damn

my sister found us in burger king, dining on burgers and onion rings, as well as taking advantage of their wi-fi access. they ganged up on me for my lack of uh better 'hinaharap.' some sister you are jack and some friend you are jade! FO na tayo! hmp!

did i say friday night traffic is a nightmare? well just add monday night traffic to my list of nightmares. as it is i was trying to hold the burger down. my stomach was threatening to revolt. just my luck the jeep also carried another passenger who was complaining for all the world to hear about the person who loaned her 5/6. according to the ate she paid all her dues already but the creditor insists that she still owes him P700. and as if that is not enough she also had an altercation with a cop who almost arrested her for being an illegal vendor. she nagged all the way from makati to libertad except when she noticed the heated PDA of the couple in front of me. the rest of us pretended not to notice but what is that extra hand doing under the sweater draped on the girl's lap? duh! i wish the guy would just put his hand inside the girl's shirt or get it over with already and put it in her skirt. maybe that would shock the ate into silence and it would cap my day.

i made it home without further incident. and continued with reading my book (
the historian by elizabeth kostova). and when i reached the part when the character finally realized there is such thing as the undead. i stopped reading. i plan to read this slowly without rushing the pages. i didn't think another dracula story could scare me but this one is slowly building up my scare level. i stopped reading as soon as it gets too dark... i hope the end doesn't disappoint.

speaking of nightmares again (or more like stupidity), i accidentally deleted the contents of my inbox in outlook yesterday. i was trying to clean up my sent and deleted items folder since i couldn't send any mails out because my damned account is full. i didn't realize i was back in my inbox and not in my sent or deleted items folder. so when i press ctrl A, and shift delete. poof it went! and there goes all my precious stuff. i didn't archive since i don't have a permanent work station and the archive i have is ancient.

since pidge couldn't help me ( she tried to give me admin access so i could do a reg edit but well... it didn't work). i have an idea that if i log on to another pc that has my profile and import mesages into another mail program (such as OE), i just might be able to retrieved my messages even if i have deleted them. and i was ablet to retrieve a few of them that way but i'm still missing voer 200 more. ed says it stays on the exchange server for several weeks and there's a cache. s0 that gave me hope. we couldn't figure it out so i emailed my supe and left for the day. feeling stupider that i've had in years... geezzz!

i was able to retrieved all my deleted messages. thank godness for cache! the one thing that didn't occur to me yesterday was work offline after i log on using another pc. i did that today and imported the messages onto OE (marcy and i were trying to look for that synch link in outlook but couldn't find it). after importing the cached copies of my messages to OE, i imported it back to outlook. and voila, i'm back in the game.

all's well that end's well.




God is not dead but alive and well and working on a much less ambitious project. - Unknown

No comments: