Sunday, December 3, 2006


the typhoon missed manila. but it did not spare bicol. my aunt and her family who lives in sto. domingo, albay said they lost the roof over their kitchen while typhoon durian was raging, so they stayed in the car. thank goodness they were not affected by the mudflow that came from mayon. my mom and my brother who lives in naga were ok, spooked but breathing. my brother said that the neighbors to our right lost their roof, we only lost the rain gutter on one side of our house plus we have a broken screen door. my brother also said that when he went up our roof the morning after to check, he found several metal sheets probably parts of somebody else's roof. electricity will be down for a couple more weeks because of too many toppled powerlines.

i was thinking of going home on my restday because my mother's birthday is on the 5th. but there's no power there now so i'm still thinking about it. it doesn't feel like it's december already. it's still hot as hell here. i wish it would rain.

No comments: