Saturday, December 8, 2007

Eat a live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.- Unknown


agreeing with chacha to extend my agony for 1 more week is a big mistake. i should've asked for a later shift than 5 am (like that's gonna happen, but a girl can hope). but i don't know what's good for me so i agreed before my thought process finally recognized what an idjit i was.

i was late 4 out of 5 this week from 10 minutes to 4 hours. if that doesn't get me fired i don't know what will. hello final written warning. yesterday, i was more than 4 hours late. it was one of those days the Universe reminds you you're a girl. when i woke up with the cramps, everything went downhill after that. it couldn't have come at a better time when i have a very, very, very 早上 shift.

after taking pain killers, i went back to bed thinking i'll just lie down for an hour more just to let it pass. frankly, can't girls get a break when we're under the weather? boys get circumcised only once and i didn't choose to be a girl. so give me a break. i fell back to sleep and woke up with the phone vibrating next to my arm. my eyes popped open so fast and when i turned to the window; oh lookie sun is up. bloody hell. it's past 6am. almost 7.

i resolved to go to work early the next day. but you know what they say... the road to hell is paved with good intentions. so is mine. i was still more than 4 hours late. i asked my brother if he heard the phome alarm. he said he did. it was so loud. i didn't hear it. he said i turned it off. crap. i don't remember doing it. crap. crap. i need cymbals banged next to my ear to wake me up.






I have not lost my mind - it's backed up on disk somewhere. -
Unknown

No comments: