Saturday, September 30, 2006

this is the calm after the storm.
clear skies
silence
numbing stillness
as if yesterday never happened.

yesterday:
the winds howled, raged
rain poured
like it would never stop.
i was wet and cold
until i could not feel anything anymore.

reminded me of the time
i was cold...down to my bones
not from any gust of wind.
wet...but not from a single drop of rain.

now it feels like
you were never Here.
like the storm
you had moved on...

you were my raging storm...
with you around i self destruct
i fight to live
i struggle to breathe
but... i am alive.

without you
i wilt
i despair
i asphyxiate
i slowly cease to BE.

so now my life:
is still
my heart:
numbed from cold
my eyes:
are always awash with tears.
my mind:
is full of memories, of still life images
every cell, every nerve screams:
no one else...
but you.

No comments: