Saturday, October 20, 2007

mood: somber

the weather seems to be cooperating with the general mood. overcast skies. no sun and its almost 12 noon already. parang bumaba ang langit sa makati to sympathize with what happened yesterday.

or maybe to sympathize with me. i've been trying to login to
thestone since this morning. no error message. it just wont accept my logins. are they shutting it down now? i hope not. i get antsy about unfinished business and i hope they don't shut the site down until i get to answer all the darn puzzles. but that is wishful thinking on my part. crap i still have 75 puzzles to go and one i'm close to cracking. plus 74 others that make me bang my head on the nearest object and question my sanity.

after that happened in glorietta 2, for the mean time no more trips to the mall. watching the news last night made my skin crawl. it's so unreal. it's one of the places i frequent with my siblings. thank God we weren't there. if it was probably a weekend, we would've been in trouble.

the stories i heard from my co workers whose loved ones experienced the terror of being at the wrong place at the wrong time is enough to keep me awake at night. all those body parts separated from their owners, my God. i'd be so traumatize for life if encounter a leg detached from it's owner.


my cousin who's a nurse at makati med relayed stories that would forever hunt my dreams. we are just so grateful we weren't there when it happened. at last year's bombing of a bus near the mrt and sm, my sister and i were at glorietta at that time calling my mom from a payphone. listening to the stories brought out the images of people stampeding towards every exit.





The best defense against the atom bomb is not to be there when it goes off. -
Anonymous

No comments: